Monday, July 18

Egg Separator

I do other things besides hearts and painting altho lately it doesn't seem that way!  Today is my brother in law's birthday and I made him a cake. He is a special guy and he loves white cake with  fudge frosting. Who doesn't?? Egg whites are asked for and to do that I used my beloved egg separator. My daughter, Amber, as a child many years ago, gave me this egg separator for my birthday. I did alot of baking when I had my little family and made alot of cakes. I have used it over and over again thru the years. It has broken and been repaired with Elmers glue several times. Today making this cake I am reminded of my children,family, the many cakes I've made and  my sweet daughter Amber.  Mmmmm the house is cozy with memories and a cake in the oven.

8 comments:

amber said...

Im glad you love your egg separator .That is so funny that i gave you that as a present hahhhah i knew you loved to cook for us. You always made sure your Family had a great meal and it was always so Yummy !!

susan jenkins said...

Isn't it sweet? i just love the memories that come with it, yes, isn't that cute that you gave me an egg separator? i probably said the one thing I need is an egg separator hahahaha. Love you!

Trudy R. Gomez said...

Beautiful little gadget Susan - I can smell the wonderful aromas from here!

susan jenkins said...

Hi Trudy,

Thank you, yes, you know I don't remember seeing one ever again. I love it, it's pretty special.
xxSusan

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

The cake was deeewishous. Egg separator to the rescue!
Miss you Amber
xxx
love
j

susan jenkins said...

Yes, it was wasn't it?? YUM!Wish Amber could have been here too!!

xx Susan

smiles, Sharon said...

Such a touching peek into your family life from years ago...haven't the years flown by? I am so glad you kept your egg separator! it now has wrinkles in it from use and love.

susan jenkins said...

wrinkles, I just love that Sharon. Yes, the years have just zoomed by, I miss my little family!!

xx