Wednesday, January 19

Wine Bottle painting for the Wine Festival






Yesterday we met at the Chambers Gallery to paint wine bottles for the Art and Wine Fesival next weekend on the 28th. Vicki,Gayle,Maggie and me! What fun!! We worked all day and I had painted 3! Good Grief! I had plans to paint more so I will be painting a few more this week. Vicki painted some lovely seascape ones but took them home so today when I photographed they weren't there. This last one is a fun one of Gayles, very abstract and Maggie's also in there, that tall abstract one they are beautiful. I love the colors in these. Mine are the crows and grapes. We will have them all around the gallery for sale the weekend of the festival! Something fun!
Lynn, we missed you!!!!

8 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

oohh those grapes......
and that neat blue drippy one,
Maggies?
xx

susan jenkins said...

Hi julie,

thank you, yes the drippy blue is Maggie's. Aren't they fun?? Bring one for the festival too!!

xx

Anonymous said...

hi...lovely paintings...what kind of paint do u use

susan jenkins said...

Thank you! the paint on the bottles is acrylic and the paint I use for my art work is oil.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful. What paint did you use?

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Nina and I love your work, especially the bottles! I am also an artist and I decoupage bottles as gifts for people. I would love to try painting them as well after seeing the beautiful work you have done. Do you mind me asking how you make the "drip" effect? I love that look. Thank you!

susan jenkins said...

Hi Nina, My girl fiend di the drippy ones. If I remember she loaded her brush and just held it to the bottle and it dripped.( use more water) She also painted a drippy effect. Glad you like them, they were alot of fun.
xx Susan

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thank you again!

Nina