Saturday, January 24

Cottage Girl, Picnic

This is my newest "cottage girl" she is ready for her picnic! A bottle of wine and a basket laden with goodies. She is 91/2" tall.
The cottage behind her was built lovingly by my wonderful stepdad Bill, it is a bird house! My "sis" Wendy named these little girls,"cottage girls" I love that! I am making a series of them. They are made of earthenware clay, fired and glazed. Click on the picture to see a larger view.

Fun time in the gallery yesterday, Gayle,Lynn ,Vicki and Meredithe, all sampling wine and filling the place with laughter. It is the wine festival after all!! I demonstrated a wine bottle painting (what else?) and we greeted the friends and neighbors who came in to visit!

Vicki brought in several of her new small paintings and we all loved them and they were snatched up in a frenzy! A great day and today we do it all again!! Hope to see you there! SOLD!!

XO Susan

No comments: